Sunday 21 December 2008

My Christmas Message to you



Well it’s Christmas season again! The very word reminds us of Carols,new dresses, nice things to eat and a time to sing, go around caroling,decorating our homes, Christmas trees, feeding kids in some orphanage and after Christmas the whole stuff is carefully packed for the next year. The same old Christmas! At times I feel so tired of the same run of the mill Christmas season. I sat thinking what Christmas personally means to me. Is it celebration or the joy of Jesus’ birth? Well Jesus was born 2000 years ago. It is good we celebrate His birthday but does it stop with just that party.


Is Jesus really born in our hearts? This question is so often asked that the real punch is lost. Hear how Paul feels for his flock in the Galatian church. He agonizes for their souls and he cries, “MY DEAR CHILDREN FOR WHOM IAM AGAIN IN THE PAINS OF CHILDBIRTH UNTIL CHRIST IS FORMED IN YOU.”(4, 19)


And my question to myself is, “Have I allowed Christ to be born
inside my heart.” It is still possible to lead a good Christian life without
letting Christ be born in us, like the congregation in Galatia. We can
sing, praise, serve, help others but still not allow Christ in us. Many of
us are really scared to take that ultimate step for it demands a lifelong
commitment. Because once we ask Jesus inside our hearts, He should
grow in us. Our life, slowly step by step becomes the imprint of Jesus
Himself. We need to shut up before people who falsely accuse us, we
need to forgive those who laugh at us, we need to touch the leper no
matter what society thinks, we need to put our arms around the
shoulders of the rejected people of this land. Our hands, feet, thoughts
and all that I think I own becomes completely Jesus Christ’s.
Though it looks so impossible for me, it is exactly what God
expects of us. For in our weakness His strength is made perfect.
(IICor12, 9) With man it is impossible, but with God it is POSSIBLE. All
we need is a willing and an open heart. Can you hear the Lord
knocking? (Rev 3, 20) Just open up your heart. WE NEED TO OPEN
FULLY THE DOOR OF OUR HEART. The decision to fully open or to
partially open or to let Jesus stay out, is completely ours. The choice is
always ours. We can let Him stay out, whenever we want something we
can run out get it from Him and get inside and bang the door on Him.

It is time we start a meaningful personal walk with Jesus. Let this
Christmas be real as we invite Jesus to be born in us and walk with
Him, grow with Him and mature with Him. Then just as Paul declares
someday we could also say, “yet not I, but Christ liveth in
me.”Galatians2, 20. Hallelujah!

Dear Jesus
Lord I open up my heart to you, be born in me , grow in me , walk with
me and may you increase in my life and may I decrease. Live in me
Lord Jesus so that it is no longer I but You who live in me.
Amen.



I WISH YOU ALL A BLESSED CHRISTMAS. INTRODUCE CHRIST TO WHOM YOU CAN. THAT IS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT. GOD BLESS YOU ALL ABUNDANTLY.LET HIM OPEN UP THE HEAVENS AND
BLESS YOU. BE A BLESSING…


MAY YOU SHINE LIKE STARS HOLDING OUT THE WORD OF GOD IN
THIS CROOKED AND DEPRAVED GENERATION SO THAT YOU BECOME
BLAMELESS AND PURE CHILDREN OF GOD. Phillippians2,15.